Friday, June 26, 2009

Bad Habit

OK, I have a confession to make....... I have SELECTIVE HEARING...

Yes, I do. I tend to listen what I want to listen and after I got the information I need, my mind will shut down and doesn't take in what else the person has to say.

I have a colleague who simply can't stop talking when I ring him re. work stuff. He will go on and on about the subject, I realised I could only listen to him for a max of 10 mins then my ear and mind will shut down and i just go "yea..ok, no worries...yea .. ok ...ok....ahemm..."

Matt is very annoyed with this bad habit I have, because he feel sthat I don't pay attention to what he has to say. I do! Just that I will only listen to what I want to hear.

Such as; if I ask him "How's work today?". He will say something like "Yes, I was busy because there were visitors, I have to show them around. Then we had a meeting, they were into this and that..." So you see, my mind will shut down after I hear these words "Yes, busy, visitors, show around..."

I want to change but just can't help myself...

I do find it funny sometimes but also feel sorry for the people who has to talk to me everyday...hahahaha

No comments: