Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Buildng a House Part 2

The settlement for the land took place this morning. I am officially a land owner.

I had to pay a lot of money down a deposit, I am BROKE now.... really, my bank account has never been so low before. Sigh...

A few days before my finance approval deadline, the bank changed their mind and decided to lend me less money, so I had to fork ot more moneyon my own if I want to get the loan. I was so lost at that time, because I wasn't sure if I can do it, if I was to put in the extra money, then I would have very little spare cash left and no more annual holiday for both Matt and I.

I was so stressed...

I knew if I didnt get the loan now, I would miss the boat of ever oning a house because interest rate is rising and the special first home owner grant was ending.

So I just bit the bullet and did it. I scrap all my money together and got the loan.

Matt said he would support me if I am really tight during the building phase. But I think I will be fine.

During the building phase, the bank would only allow me to pay interests only, so I guess I would try to save up some emergency fund again....

The fun of being a home owner...

No comments: