Sunday, January 10, 2010

Living the Frugal Lifestyle - Part 1

So one of my new year resolutions is to have 5k in emergency fund, but before i start saving for this emergency fund. I have to save up enough money to furnish and also for some applicances that the house needs.

So I am going to do this $21 challenge that I learned from www.simplesavings.com.au . Basically, i am only allowed $21 for my weekly grocery, exclude toiletries.

I have decided to start today (Sunday) and learn not to buy anything from the shop and only eat off the freezer, fridge and pantry.

First I have to a stock take and see what's in the fridge and pantry and do a menu plan so that I know what to cook and what do I need everday.

Today, I havent spent any money. I have plenty of left over food in the fridge, thanks to my dad. I also made some low-fat apple muffins because I want to use up some sad looking apples.

I am off to do a stock take now to see what's hidden in the fridge.

Will keep all of you posted.

No comments: