Thursday, August 06, 2009

Aussie Way of Living

A few months ago, I came across a website that's all about savings; how to save in our daily life. A group of people came together, sharing saving stories and tips.

I visit the forum rather regularly and I learned so much about savings, I managed to get my grocery down from $640 a month to $380 a month.

One day, a lady posted in the forum, saying how miserable she was feeling because many incidents happened. Her car broke down and needed something to be replaced, she had to borrow $760 from relatives to get the car part, and had to rely on the centrelink money that comes in 2 days for her grocery, and hoping that her tax return will come soon so they can pay their bills, and so on. For a moment, I did feel sorry for her...

Then at the end of her post, she said 'life is so difficult now especially her baby will due soon'....

I was shocked! I mean if you can't afford $760 emergency fund then why the hell do you think you can afford a baby? I thought this woman was stupid... this family is dysfunctional...

I talked to a friend about it, then she said "maybe she is getting old and she needs to have a baby soon?". Ah ok... I can accept that, then I thought, maybe they are so dysfunctional that they couldnt work out contraception, hence the baby. Ooops..... my evil horns are out again. *speak to myself* Dont be mean, dont be mean!

Good luck to the family...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to know what website that is -- I've been reading a UK savings website, but don't know of a good Australian one??