Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Grumble...

Very often, we hear people say 'they are taking things for granted'; Christians would say 'They are taking God for granted'; parent would say 'the kids are taking us for granted'.

Now, I want to say 'My friends are taking me for granted..'

Lately, few of my friends came to me with their personal problems and asked me for help and advice. So I tried my best to help them, went out of my way to help them; but they did not listen to my advice nor acknowledging my help.

I am upset, angry and cranky.... I have decided to take a step back. Yes, I will continue to help them whenever they need me, I love helping people but I would only help those who indeed need help; I would not help those who will just sit there, whine and cry.

Nobody can help you if you dont at least try to help yourself; nobody will love you if you do not love yourself.

I know very clearly that there's only so much I can do, alot of things are beyond my reach.

To a very special friend, I tried my best to help and I hope you could see the effort I put in for the past few weeks. But there is only so much I can do, if you really want to give up on everything, including yourself, there is nothing I can do nor say. What hurt me hard is you too are taking our friendship for granted. I believe I have been a great friend to you and I am not sure what else can I do to make you feel better. All I can say is Good Luck....

No comments: