Monday, July 31, 2006

Workplace Reality

Just reflecting a post in Wei's blog.

I may not be the best person to comment on workplace politics/tactic/managment or blabla because I have just worked slightly more than a year.

However, my job requires me to work closely with HR department of major companies, even the goverment departments.

Exploitation happens everywhere, especially in places where the job market is competitive. Perth on the other hand is facing terrible skill shortage so employees are more valuable.

I have to admit that I am being exploited in my current company; but I don't mind because learning is my priority now.

If recognition and money are your priorities, then you better pray damn hard that you will find a MNC with fantastic superiors to hire you. But if you are only a tiny fresh graduate or ordinary working class who has 3 yrs working experience as a admin officer or account officer; you will not be noticed! Build your portfolio before you demand!

Be realistic people...... they are business people aka investors; they wont invest on you unless you are a blue chip!

Ok.... side track

Did I ever mention that I don't like my friends calling me when I am at work? I don't mind if you have something to tell/ask me when I am at work, but please make it short and clear! If I say, "Ok, I will call you later". Then you better say "ok, bye". Dont keep talking!

I am always on MSN when I am at work, leave a msg and I will respond as soon as I can. If I don't reply, means I am either in a meeting or I am on the phone. Just be patient; don't send me 10 msgs going "you there?'. If I dont reply on the first 'you there", means I AM NOT THERE! DUH!



An interesting and funny conversation over MSN.

see why like - 2006l^ says:
what is brazillian wax?

Jayn says:
lol

see why like - 2006l^ says:
why so funny?

Jayn says:
all your hair on your private part will be gone

Jayn says:
including buttocks

see why like - 2006l^ says:
haha...ic..

Jayn says:
yea

see why like - 2006l^ says:
i will never do that..

Jayn says:
i know

Jayn says:
but alot of guys do it

see why like - 2006l^ says:
really?? why do people do that?

Jayn says:
clean

see why like - 2006l^ says:
clean?!?!.....

Jayn says:
yea

Jayn says:
clean

see why like - 2006l^ says:
ok......then, they should remove all their hair on the head

Jayn says:
if u r going to pee on your hair several times a day

Jayn says:
yes u should

see why like - 2006l^ says:
hmm.. strange to me..

No comments: